Tuesday, September 30, 2008

 

This book is for us ladies!!!!

Green Is The New Black by Tasmin Blanchard



......relief*

The Monday after...(the run of 10 performances of Parodies...)

Spent some time at Borders and came across the book, and this one...

It's Vintage Darling by Christa Weil

It's soooo us!! Ya?

Oh since this is the Raya week, I shall tell you how I plan to spend my Raya in KL!

My man J was going to take me to some swanky hotel in town (to avoid having to battle the traffic) this Raya for a `sleep-in-holiday' to help me recover from my bad sleeping habits during the run of Parodies...

But we put off the idea after we checked the rates of the nice hotels (Ritz, etc) this week -- and considered the price tag of this little treat, and then thought of people and animals who need a treat more than me...

Basically, our guilt drove us off the hotel outing.
So, J proposed that we spend the money instead on some dog food, etc and go out to the streets to feed the stray dogs & cats. On the streets where the annoying traffic has gone off to the kampongs. We can also then take some photos of the strays also, for our own collection, etc.

What a fabulous idea! Don't you agree that this is more meaningful than spending RM 460++ a night on a nice bed and a butler? We'll going to spread some love this Raya! It's Hari Raya for dogs!!

Anyone interested in joining us on the Raya For Dogs?
Ok, here's the idea for all of you to bounce off...

You can either go out for a few hours to feed the strays round your neighbourhoods, etc -- give them a special Raya Day treat, or you are welcome to join me and justin to go round n look for strays and take some photos of them.

What do you say?
Oh, another wonderful idea for you on the topic of giving.

I went to a friend's birthday gathering (Susheela's) last weekend. Susheela specifically reuqested that the guests didn't bring her any birthday presents but if they wish to give her something, they may give her cash donation or food provision to be given to the refugees staying in town (now that's another topic al together -- the hardship faced by refugees in Malaysia).

By late evening, Sushee's hall was filled with a small mountain of provisions given by her guests,
it was beautiful and very meaningful -- just an idea for your future bday parties -- what a wondeful idea!!! To celebrate your bday and at the same time raising funds/goods for those who are less fortunate and more needy.

on the green front, I realised I have never talked about The Recyclists here? I cant remember but I've been at it for many months now. I am part of The Recyclists.

Check these pages out!

The Recyclists Official site - Project Daily Million (Join our list as a pledger to reduce plastic usage)

Face Book group (all are welcome to join us there)

Our Blog

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?