Friday, December 19, 2008
TOMBOYS & ANGELS
Fashion Show @ Art For Grabs Xmas Special
Sat 20 Dec, 6pm
The Annexe Gallery, Central Market Annexe
Jalan Hang Kasturi
THE HARMONY MUSIC FACTORY
featuring DJs Ribut 10:59, Bunga, Sarchan & JK
DJ Dance Party @ Art For Grabs Xmas Special
Sat 20 Dec, 7pm to 9pm
+ + + +
In conjunction with Art For Grabs Xmas Special, The Annexe Gallery presents TOMBOYS & ANGELS, a fashion show extravaganza that celebrates gender diversity and outrageous individual expressions of style.
The fashion show will feature clothes, accessories and works of art from over forty Art For Grabs arts & crafts stalls, with styling and make up by a team of some of KL's most vibrant emerging style-meisters led by Jun Kit and Ooi Ying Nee. The catwalk will be an installation that mixes politics and irreverence designed by Lainie Yeoh.
The fashion models will feature some of Klang Valley's most interesting everyday people with wicked sense of style and personalities, including:
1. Joyce Kirsten Wong - style blogger
2. Pang Khee Teik - gallery manager + photographer
3. Hazri Haili - biologist
4. Fahmi Fadzil - actor + director + writer
5. Myra Mahyuddin - photographer + publicist
6. Michelle Gunaselan - activist + writer
7. Ze - pop star
8. Bissme S - journalist
9. Sharon Chin - visual artist
10. Mien Lor - activist + filmmaker
11. Janet Lee - chanteuse
12. Sharon Bakar - literary queen
13. Shikin Eris - production exec
14. Davina Goh - actor + dancer
Come and be mesmerized.
To cap off the fashion show, everyone is invited to our twilight dance party THE HARMONY MUSIC FACTORY, which will feature the underground greats DJs Ribut 10:59 and Bunga (from Twilight Action Girl) spinning for the first time alongside Sarchan and JK (from WILD! and Disko Darurat).