Monday, November 06, 2006

 

The bag ladies did it again...

So the crazy weekend has come and gone, so many sales, so little time. I had to skip the YMCA car boot sale on Saturday for work. SeeMing went...so maybe she could give us a little report soon, with some shots she took there. On Sunday I was up by 8am. SeeMing jumped in my car and...off we drove to Ampang, SPCA jumble sale...first stop.

At 945am, the eager folks outside the gate of SPCA looking in to see the day's offer inside the gate.


The crowd grew by the minute before 10am...

My gang all ready for the sale...SeeMing, Jai & Pekkie

Naturally we went crazy, it's always been RM2 here, for one item...unless stated otherwise. SeeMing spotted some wedding dresses there, yes, at RM2 each, some were actually quite a looker but sorry, forgot to take some snaps.


Guess what SeeMing and I found at the nearby 7-Eleven while we had our after sale drink...
...and I thought I had the weekend's sales covered. Haha, I guess I will need to hire a full time assistant to keep track of all sales in Klang Valley?? The culture is growing...

Later on at Centre Point Garage Sale...it was an interesting market with vendors spread all over the old and new wing...with one obscure one at Fitness Network (gym) on 1st floor, old wing. The lady at the Fitness Network store said she would leave the leftover goods at the outlet so that I could go back for more :)



I met Winnie who was selling her home-made pickled papaya, clothes, and bags..


Found a pretty little red Dior kitten heels, too small for me and too big for SeeMing.
One of my two brand new items bought at this market...Lyn the vendor showing off the Prada-inspired full skirt I bought, RM 20

And the belle of the ball at Centre Point was...yes, I bought all these three vintage dresses, and two more...from the lady at Fitness Network, oops I forgot to ask for her name.


Some of my purchases from SPCA sale



This one from Centre Point...didn't think I would fit but thought I could do with a dress like that for RM 10. It turned out I could fit in it :)


The damage for me is higher in total this round, mainly because the vintage dresses cost RM 20 each, still, fine material they were made of, all chiffon. Oh speaking of chiffon...and price difference, I got a this sari at SPCA for 2 bucks, made in Japan, of French chiffon...found its place in my pad now, in Selangor, Malaysia!

Overall I got better quality stuff this round, in terms of the clothes' condition, design and made, it's a busy life I have this year end...juggling work (sing, sing, sing) and dressing up, reading up all the books I collected thro the months, theatre to go, year end parties and moreeee...

Have a goood week ahead dressing up, hopefully in your great buys from the sales.

A little preview, I will be doing an entry (SOON) on some of my tried n tested fashion tips, accessorizing tips, hopefully complete with pictures :)

Labels:


Comments:
RM2 - now, that's very cheap!
 
Hi Janet!

Yep, the SPCA jumble sale was great! Left Jai for 20 mins and found him grinning from ear to ear with bags loaded with more than 50 books for RM150 only! Got myself some decorative items for the house! Ooo la la! Thanks for keeping us updated on the latest in 2nd hand shopping ya! Cheers!
 
The kitten heels looks mighty fine!
So does the green strapless dress. :)
 
i saw the spotty black dress too... love it but, sob sob... I could not fit in.
 
Jay e, cannot fit? aiyaaa..there will be more sales coming our way the way i see it. sure you will find other good deals then :) what did you buy from centre point???

ok folks, keep those reports n notices of sales coming. i will keep busy :)
 
oh haha...i bougth 4 brand new clothes from Lyn's stall at Rm30 (i hope the price was resonable for garage sale like this).

Oh yeah, can you pls give some tips for choosing the right outfit? Coz we can't try those clothes and sometimes diferent brand have diferent cutting...

More, some clothes are gorgeous but not it's not our usual style...so we should just leave it or take the risk and get it home?....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?