Friday, July 14, 2006

 

Wardrobe revamps and flea markets this week...

This is what I do before my two weekend trips to Singapore, where I have carefully planned a few flea market outings --- I inspect my existing wardrobe for what no less than an inventory check and pick out `idle items'.

My RM10 gorgeous 70s psychedelic color wrap skirt in size L has been sitting in a corner since I got it from a jumble sale some weeks ago. It is a real waste of color and material. I brainstormed with the skirt in front of a mirror for about 10 seconds, ha, got it, it's going to be an overcoat of a kind...a generous portion of a cardi, a tied jacket, a shrug of a kind...best with jeans and something casual chic.

Here's my sketch of how a long wrap-round skirt as overcoat can look with a flirty skirt, secret to this look is a skimpy top with low cut neckline...trust me as I have tried out a few options and it looks best with my silk low cut lingerie, you wanna try with your impulsive buy of a sexy top -- now with a modest and funky `overcoat' in a form of a wrap skirt.

















Next in line is the min skirt my sister got for me, it's cotton, pink with floral print and a marine style waist band. It's a little high school for me 29-year-old, my mom screamed "Too short!" when I put it on in front of her. However I felt like it needs to go out with me, somehow but without having me looking like a 29-year-old freshman. Like with most skirts when they don't work as a skirt, I pull the mini up to my chest and voila, I got a tube top -- it's quite the perfect fit to be worn as a top, it actually looks my age sitting on my chest rather than on my hips.

Before I go, here's a page from this month's Australian Vogue on what great things big handbags are...



















Oh yes, about my flea market outings in the lion this weekend the next. Here's my shopping itinerary.

Saturday, 5-7pm, Tanglin Mall flea market (great for fashion hunting) on Tanglin road. Market opens from 5 - 11pm. I will catch Figaro at the Esplanade at 8pm.

Sunday morning I will stroll the markets down at the Arab street and Little India before I check out. Then it's off to Clarke Quay flea market on River Alley road. Market opens till 6pm. I plan to do a quick run down to the main Orchard road, to Far East Shopping Centre.

Next weekend's program, Cabaret in Esplanade on Saturday.
Sunday - Sungei Road flea market, near Sim Lim Tower; Singapore zoo, and more Orchard Road...

Comments:
Hi Janet,
Oooh, you make shopping fun! Love the way you cobble together funky stuff. Ah, my kind of inspiration. I love looking through old stuff, junk, etc. though I haven't really gone for the clothes though, mostly I go for household items. Like your eclectic style. MayaKirana
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?