Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Sales report for May

A short summary of what a great month May was for secondhand shopping...

Thanks to Dina Zaman's posting at Word Up, I went to two great back to back jumble sale on May 12th and then May 20th.

May 12th saw me and SeeMing getting up early and we arrived first at Nora's jumble sale at Prima Duta. I bought a Bruno Magli handbag & a Ferrogamo purse at RM 5 each, SeeMing picked a few pairs of silk Baju Kurung for about the same price each. Of course we left later with our shopping bags (oh yes, we always bring our own shopping bags so that we can help the sellers save on plastic bags and paper bags) filled to the reams.

The May 20th sale saw a strong force of 12 vendors gathered at Jalan Setiakasih (Damansara Heights). The house owner Mel was moving out and she got her friends like Izlyn Ramlee and Yasmin Yusof among others to set up this incredible galore of designer wear at very, really affordable price (some cried in disgust when they saw the price tags), with other goods like books, CDs, household items, toys, plants, paintings....Michelle got this leather DKNY in good condition for RM20...that was when vendor Izlyn nearly passed out in horror. I got a GUCCI black blouse for the same price too...and a BCBG Maxzaria wraparound dress for RM5.

Came May 27th where I held my own store at Celine's moving out sale at Section 13 PJ. I bought a couple of MNG sweaters for SeeMing (RM5 each) and a black see thro sequinn shrug for RM15. Sold some load of my clothes to Celine and her mom's friends...and other girlfriends and WordUppers who came round in the hot weather. I packed most of the clothes in my car boot till early June and I managed to sell some of them off my car boot later to friends. My price range from RM1 per piece to RM5...some at RM10 each but nothing higher than that.

June came and I have already splurged on a few theatre outings....I hope to hear of more moving out sale in July!

Well if you know of any, you know what to do!

Labels:


Comments:
hey! Very nice hobby you have there!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?